STATEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY
Elite Window Fashions(a division of Elite Vertical Blinds Mfg. Co. Ltd.) and its related companies Nujay Management Inc. and Stornel Management Inc. (“Elite”) are committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our customers, employees and other stakeholders who enter our premises or access our information. As organizations, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005). Specifically, we are committed to upholding requirements under the Customer Service Standard, the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation and any other regulations that will be required for our organization under the AODA.
In order to ensure we are meeting accessibility compliance we are committed to creating a Multi-Year Plan which will include steps such as incorporating policies, procedures, and training for employees. Below are specific commitments we are making to ensure we increase accessibility in our organization:
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with the Customer Service Standard.
- Ensuring that training is provided to all employees and persons who participate in developing our policies
- Ensuring that our employment practices including (but not limited to) recruitment, candidate evaluation, and selection provide accommodation as needed and that employees and applicants are aware that accommodation is available.
- Ensuring that our information and communications are available in alternate formats upon request.
- Ensuring that individual workplace accommodation plans are developed and implemented as required.
At Elite we believe we have an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone.
MULTI-YEAR ACCESSIBILITY PLAN
Our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be made available to anyone upon request. To request a copy, please contact us.
ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
A standard for customer service (“the Standard”) has been established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act to ensure goods and services are, where at all possible, equally accessible to every member of the public by identifying, and to the extent possible, preventing and eliminating barriers experienced by persons with a disability – both visible and non-visible.
Elite Window Fashions is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our customers. The objective of this policy (the “Policy”) is to ensure we meet the requirements of the Standard and promote its underlying core principles. Please click here to view our Accessible Customer Service Policy.
Elite welcomes and appreciates feedback regarding any of our accessibility policies and implementation. Feedback can be provided in the following ways:
- In person at points of entrance at main office entrance using the Feedback Form provided upon request.
- By Telephone at 905-660-0049
- In Writing to: 1 Applewood Cres., Unit 1, Concord, ON L4K 4K1
Elite has a feedback protocol to enable us to receive and respond to comments, including complaints. The feedback protocol is available upon request.
DOCUMENTATION TO BE MADE AVAILABLE
This policy, and related practices and protocols, shall be made available to any member of the public upon request.
FORMAT of DOCUMENTS
Elite will provide documents, or the information contained in documents, required to be provided under the Standard, to a person with a disability in a format that takes the person’s disability into account.