At Elite, we pride ourselves on the top quality custom-made window treatments that we manufacture. We wish to ensure that from start to finish our products meet your needs and that we provide you with a positive and easy ordering experience. In this section you will find our measuring, cleaning, installation guides for your window treatment products.
Cleaning & Care
Our window treatments are designed to require minimal care and cleaning. Use the guide below for everyday cleaning and care. Never use harsh abrasives, cleaners or chemicals on any of your Elite window treatments. Contact your Authorized Elite Dealer if professional cleaning services are required.
- Dusting: Products with horizontal louvers or slats, like shutters and blinds, can easily accumulate dust. Periodic light dusting is recommended to keep the product clean and looking its finest.
- Vacuuming: If necessary, vacuum gently using the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. Products with flat fabric like Roller, Panel, Sheer Horizontal, or Elite High-Lite™ shades may be vacuumed using gentle vertical strokes. CAUTION, do not vacuum cellular or pleated fabrics as this can damage the pleats.
- Compressed Air: This can be useful method for removing dust or particulates that can build up inside the cells or pockets of Cellular or Sheer Horizontal Shade fabrics.
Your Authorized Elite Dealer will provide you with complete check measure, consultation, and installation services. Elite will make the window coverings according to your dealer’s measurements. Based on decor and space requirements your window treatments can be measured and installed in the following ways.
- Window covering is mounted inside the window frame.
- Clean built-in look.
- Decorative window trim remains visible.
- Requires sufficient mounting depth (product specific).
- Window covering is mounted outside the window frame
- Often used when window frames have shallow mounting depth
- Can hide imperfections in window moldings